• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help and info on this one.

ericmitchell29

I'm considering now getting a Mutoh Prismjet 48 printer and a cutter which is a "Q Series". Also an EnduraLam. It comes with Flexi Sign Pro 8 Just wondering if this is a good package. They are at signwarehouse and they are running a deal on them right now. Or atleast I think. I have done my homework on alot of equipment but I'm starting to change my tune abit about what I want.

Not sure I'm going to do the Roland Versacamm anymore.

Looking for impressions of everything listed here.
What do you all think?

Arstron

I puchased a new q series printer and the mutoh valuejet printer exactly 15 months ago. Now that its out of warranty, so far twice after ordering inks they sent the wrong ones and tried to charge a restocking fee, now I am having problems with my printer and they are not being very helpful. I contacted mutoh directly, they told me they cant sell the part, but if I call the company I bought it from (signwarehouse), that I could buy it from thru signwarehouse and they would drop ship it to me. However signwarehouse told me to contact calgraph becuse they could not do that.

I would recomend buying from a supplier close to you that can actually work on the machine if somthing does happen to it. I do love my mutoh valuejet though.

JBarraxSW

Mutoh problem

Hi Arstron. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't gotten prompt attention. The ValueJet is unique in that Mutoh controls the parts for the on-site wararnty service. Calgraph has to get the parts from Mutoh. Please P.M. me with your contact info and I'll see if I can get a solution started for you.

elcoocool

If you haven't already purchased, I'd stay away from the EnduraLam. Ours is a piece of garbage. The rollers never stay level no matter if I've put thread locker on it or not, the backing paper roll holder causes the paper to shift and applies no tension and sign warehouses answer to it was 'put a bungie cord on it'. Not worth the $$ IMO.

JBarraxSW

If you haven't already purchased, I'd stay away from the EnduraLam. Ours is a piece of garbage. The rollers never stay level no matter if I've put thread locker on it or not, the backing paper roll holder causes the paper to shift and applies no tension and sign warehouses answer to it was 'put a bungie cord on it'. Not worth the $$ IMO.
Elcoocool.
We worked with the manufacturer and some of our local manufacturing partners and engineered a solution to that problem several months ago. Please P.M. me and I will put you in touch with tech support so we can get it taken care of.

Cy Fan

The prismjet is not a bad machine, with any printer you buy you will find out that you have to become your own repair tech. Just make sure to do your homework and pick the printer that best fits the needs of your shop and happy printing. As for the EnduraLam I don't know much about them never worked with one. Any problems you may have there is always the fine people here at Signs101 that can help you find an answer most of the time.