• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help as to what i need to get up and running

WeisnerGraffixs

I bought a Roland camm-1 pnc1100 about 5 years ago in a auction with the idea to use it to make paint maskes for airbrushing and maybe make a few stickers here and there. i did not receive any software or cables. I found a power cable, serial and parallel cables and a parallel to usb. i know i need a computer that runs windows xp or older to run the driver(still havent found a good one), but on my computer i have now i have adobe photoshop and illustrator cs6 and sketchbookpro 6.2. do i need to buy something like cutstudio to run my cutter? what kind of blades/vinyl/misc supplies do i need to start making it run? thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Curses...... foiled again..................... curses.jpg

Welcome from PA.................................

4R Graphics

The replies you have gotten are because this is a forum for sign professionals and well you are not and some have a dislike for people such as yourself who come here wanting our hard earned knowledge so you can go make stickers for next to nothing then go out of business and leave us left trying to explain to customers why signs and graphics cost as much as they do.

Ok thats out of the way as for making your cutter run I have no idea never had a roland cutter.

You should find a roland dealer and ask them for help.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No, not really, but there has been an on-going thread about the very likes of someone like you coming here for answers and don't seem to know a blessed thing about this business. When one reads your profile, it also eludes to not really any knowledge of sign painting or a business. It appears that you might've been somewhat connected here, but came in through a back window and fell upon this machine without any regards as to how it works and now you want to find out for free how to get into the sign business. Perhaps that's wrong, but you sound like an auto body shop with some toys and now want to dabble in signs. That's cool. I have a few body shops in which we do things for each other and while I respect their craft and they respect mine, we don't try to cut the other guy out of the picture.

If you truly want to grow, we are all here to help, but if you leech on us, we'll probably hound you to death.... or at least until you crawl away.

I hope you trust the words here as being honest and most open and not as a tongue lashing to shoosh you away. Wanting to be in the sign industry and making real efforts on your part will help you tremendously. :toasting:

WeisnerGraffixs

its ok people are quick to judge when they feel threaten... from how i worded my post it looks like im new to this but im not. ive worked at place that did trade show exibits, custom fixtures and digital graphics... we didnt use roland cutters so im not familiar with the software or apllications...ive also been a pinstriper since 2007 and custom painter before that... if i would of seen the introduce myself thing then youd know im not a novice...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Gino think we should show him the secret club handshake, er no?

Nah, that involves too much nudity and time learning the postures. Just guide him to the .pdf where he can download the guidelines and what parts he has to cut off to get real answers.

Actually OP..... look into joining the 'Premium' section where you'll learn much much more. :thumb:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You guys are getting a little carried away with yourselves. Signs 101 regularly accepts new members who state that they are in a related graphics profession and want to add sign making to their customer offerings. WeisnerGraffixs made it clear that this is the case with him in his opening post and on his registration form. Please knock off the :snarky comments and let's get back to helping each other.

• Agree
Reactions: MKC

Bly

I think Old Paint may have mentioned once how he cuts out of Corel to his Roland cutter.

Perhaps a search may turn up something.

WeisnerGraffixs

Thanks you ill figure it out from here I searched around on the forum before I posted a thread and I've been looking on it tonight for more info