• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help bad!!!

BRUSHMARKS

we have a HUGE customer bring his personal 2009 dodge challanger to us for a red split T stripe for hood and front bumper around emblem. We ordered from Vinyl Graphics and we received it today and opened package and it is not even for this car. We contacted them and they say best they can do is overnight a new graphic. Problem is car in to be shipped in a trailer in the morning to AZ, and we are in MN. our only option is to get a file of the hood and cut it out our self. If anyone has the file and can help us out let me know.

dj_elite

Looks like you may need to start making a template. Is the one they sent even close? If so fudge the measurements print on paper, cut out, adjust, then cut on vinyl. May be your only option unless someone has the file.

BRUSHMARKS

Looks like you may need to start making a template. Is the one they sent even close? If so fudge the measurements print on paper, cut out, adjust, then cut on vinyl. May be your only option unless someone has the file.
the graphic they sent is a completely different car.

phototec

You can make you own

I see you are a Photoshop/Illy user, attached is a low res bitmap, you can scale it up in photoshop, tarce it in Illy and make your own cutting template, all you need to do is measure two points on the hood to scale up to. You should be able to do this fairly quickly as long as you have the exact dimensions off the hood.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 2009 Dodge Challanger Hood Stripe half.jpg
    2009 Dodge Challanger Hood Stripe half.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 2009-dodge-challenger.jpg
    2009-dodge-challenger.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 121

BRUSHMARKS

We ended up doing it by hand making a pattern, just got car done and to customer on time. am uploading pic now off phone will post in a few minutes. THANK YOU for the help, this is a great site and was the first place i turned once i realized vinyl graphics wasn't going to be able to help us. again TY very much this is a great site to be a part of.

phototec

Emblem Comparison?

I checked out the pdf posted by the other poster, and as seen in the attached photo below, the location of the emblem cutout does not look right to me, it looks too high up, see the red car in photo.

Anyway, just wanted to point his out, if you use his or mine, I would recommend using a pen in your plotter to first the draw a paper template to place on the hood to verify which if either is correct.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Emblem Comparison copy.jpg
    Emblem Comparison copy.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 110