• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help Catch 22

DPI Graphics

First a little background:
I had an old PB P1 computer running win/95 to drive my cutters(Roland PC50 and Destiny 4000) I used a program that was written by Airmark in Seatle. It is called WinPlot. The old machine exploded so I drug up another machine to use as a driver machine. It run win/98SE. I have long ago lost the original floppy that it came on and the new machine will not run the program because the drive that it is on was compressed by drivespace in win/95 mand Airmark is nolonger in business.

Now, my problem is I have several jobs stacking up and can't cut them. So...
Has anyone ever heard of this program, or know of how I could find a copy of it? Or -
does anyone have any ideas of another way I can drive these plotters? I use Corel Draw 9 to create my EPS files.
Thanks alot in advance for any info. DPI.

DPI Graphics

I downloaded the new version of the program but I'm not sure of how to set it up or which plotter to use because it now only lists Summa cutters. Does anyond have any ideas on this? Thx DPI.

astro8

Maybe select Summer Legacy Driver..?

There should be a driver that works unless the programme is specifically looking for a Summer Cutter..

Jim Doggett

Hi Astro8,

The old WinPlot was a bridge program, long since discontinued by AirMark (now Summa). It might have been a Windows 3.0 product, as I recall. I doubt it'll work on Win98, but I can't say for sure since I'm not a techy. And I don't think any Summa techs know or support it. But it costs nothing to ask. (support@summausa.com)

Plus, you've got Destiny and Roland cutters, so Summa cutter drivers cannot run them. You need Roland and Destiny cutter drivers or a generic HPGL driver, with the cutters in HPGL mode.

You'll probably need a newer cutting program, such as CoCut or anything cheap you can find online. Or, and this is a longshot, you need new HASP drivers for the WinPlot dongle. That's probably a search online and cross your fingers item, too.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Best,

Jim

Jim Doggett

I downloaded the new version of the program but I'm not sure of how to set it up or which plotter to use because it now only lists Summa cutters. Does anyond have any ideas on this? Thx DPI.

OOPS, just read this. The new WinPlot is an altogether different program, intended for Summa cutter users. So they don't have or provide drivers for competing cutters. It's a service to buyers of their cutter, which is only fair. (All cutter makers do the same thing, pretty much).

Best,

Jim (former AirMark / Summa VP)