• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help choosing printable wall media

I have a job coming up that will be a printed wall mural. The customer wants it to be up permanently. The wall is textured but not super rough.

I have a Mutoh ValueJet 1204 and am looking for a media that I can get in 30" or 48".

I put some wall graphics up at a local mall a few months ago that were sent by a corporate office and it was 3M IJ40c, it went on really well and was so nice to handle but it was on a smooth surface and it was just to be up temporary so I'm not sure how that media would perform on a textured surface long term.

Any ideas or recommendations are appreciated.

Johnmpcny

what about

I have not tried it but a friend of mine uses a better grade of removable vinyl. He claims while not repositionable he can remove it with little damage and sticks better than Phototex. He is using FLEXcon BUSmark 5800 Vinyl. Phototex also has ex that has 25% more stick.

Roland has Wallflex but I have not tried it. So far only tried phototex, pricey but prints and goes on well.

Thanks,
I don't mind paying a bit more (photo tex) if it performs well. The wall graphic is for a high end company so I want it to look good, and I don't want to have to go back and fix anything.

JBusch260

If it is temporary or needs placed elsewhere or easily movable, we've had great luck with phototex and GraphiTex.

For permanent installation, we've stuck with IJ8624, 3m textured surface. Apply and post heat and it conforms and sticks very well. Pricey, but worth it.

JoeBoomer

Arlon DPF 8000 is pretty good too. It shrinks a bit, but it will definitely stick and isn't going to come off.

stusatwork

Arlon DPF 8000

Arlon DPF 8000 would be a great calendared choice and quite inexpensive. Got 30" and 54"

Phototex is good too if they want more of that fabric look. Make sure you get the High Tack version.

Thanks for the replies.
Just one more question.
Do you recommend an overlap on the seams or just butt them up?
I would guess on the Arlon 8000 to overlap but what about the Photo Tex?