• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions need help choosing the right floor vinyl for social distancing stickers

shoresigns

We use Avery 2900 series for indoor floor decals, laminated with 2080 or 1360 (both are slip-resistant but I think only the latter is recommended for floor graphics in Avery's latest product selection guide).

For outdoors, you usually have rougher surfaces to conform to, so we use alumigraphics grip, as others have recommended. We have a test piece that's been on the sidewalk in front of our office for years. It's pricey, but it doesn't require laminate and it ends up being cheaper than any sidewalk vinyl I've seen.

Chris Keena

Carpet would be Walk and Wall or similar. With a caveat....it CAN roll up at the edges or puncture.
Carpet we use General Formulations GF 212 Traffic Graffic Carpet with either GF 211 Lam or Avery 2080 Lam (less expensive and still UL listed).
Tile we use Avery 3000 series vinyl and lam or 2000 series for larger graphics that my need to last longer.

Lindsey

Not A New Member
Here's a list of my go-to floor products.

Smooth Indoor Floors:
3M 40C + 8509 (smooth lam)
3M 40C + 3645 (textured lam)
General Formulations: 210 + 211 (smooth lam)
General Formulations: 210 + 109 (satin scratch resistant lam)
General Formulations: 210 + 213 (textured lam)

Carpet:
General Formulations: 212 + 211 lam
General Formulations: 212 + 109 lam
General Formulations: 212 + 213 lam

Outdoor:
3M 3662-10 + 3647
Jessup TexWalk (short term outdoor 1 - 3 months) (fabric-reinforced)
Alumigraphics Grip (medium term <12 months) (aluminum/foil base)

C

ColoPrinthead

Some of the ones I made with 2120 and 2080 wound up being used on outdoor side walks and are holding up surprisingly well.