Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Need Help Cleaning Clogged HeadsFor The Oce Arizona 1280 GT

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by RL LeFranc, Dec 21, 2020.

1. RL LeFranc

RL LeFranc New Member

Nov 13, 2020
    Hey Guys,

I'm working with an Oce Arizona 1280 GT UV Printer and I cannot get the print heads for Cyan, Magenta and Whites to fire properly. The person before me didn't do regular maintenance and it seems white is completely clogged. When I do a purge, White ink does not flow at all. I cannot use Automatic Maintenance Assistance for some reason because it says "Pressure Too Low". Manual maintenance isn't giving me better results as the Nozzle Check still gives me the same results. Will a Full Ink Flush resolve the problem for me? And can anyone tell me why I am getting the "Pressure Too Low" message when attempting to use the Automatic Maintenance Assistance feature? Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. balstestrat

balstestrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Between the bits
    Usually you get this error when your pressure is too low...

3. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Which inks are you using? 256/257/258?

4. RL LeFranc

RL LeFranc New Member

Nov 13, 2020
    Do you by any chance know how to increase the pressure?

5. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Pressure usually goes back normal in ~15-30 seconds after closing ink bay tray. It runs the pump after you close it.

6. Pauly

Pauly Colour Guru

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    soak heads with the flush. also try using a dry swap and lightly scrub the head

7. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Oue Oce wasn't clearing nozzles - we found the problem was ink solidifying in the suction tool line.

8. peterprintingparty

peterprintingparty Member

Jun 20, 2019
    New Mexico
    I would do a white ink flush, and if that doesn't work talk to a tech to get a flush kit to try and purge the flush through the head. You really shouldn't let the nozzle outs sit for too long, it may be a lost cause. But white is always pretty finicky. You can also try soaking it with flush with a wipe for as long as you can. A tech can also do a flush through the head, but that requires a service call.

9. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Have you changed the filters?

• Like Like x 1
  10. chinaski

chinaski Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Finland
    I was under the impression, from Canon tech, that flush is basically depigmented ink and not really a cleaning agent, more intended to re-wet the heads.

11. Pauly

Pauly Colour Guru

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    heard the same thing, but it still cleans. isopropyl will clean though. but it will evaporate so soaking some inside wont do much.

12. RL LeFranc

RL LeFranc New Member

Nov 13, 2020
    Thanks for the replies guys. It turns out the reason why the AMS wasn't working was because the air line was never connected. Now I can use the Automatic Maintenance feature, which by the way works well. Unfortunately AMS is not enough to get the Whites to fire. Also now the AMS Auxiliary Waste Tank is full and I have no idea where it is located. If anyone knows where it is located I would greatly appreciate it.