• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help creating graduated dot screen

brad daggy

In corel, I can created a dot screen, but the dots are all the same size and don't get very large. Is there a way of creating a graduated dot screen in photoshop where you you create a gradient fill, then have a graduated dot screen, from large dots to smaller ones? I'm sorry if I'm making no sense.

Shovelhead

Attachments

• dots.gif
    dots.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 74

jenhuedepohl

Make your gradient, then go to filters/pixelate/color halftone. For a black-only screen put "0" in for the cmy color values. Change the radius to make the dots larger or smaller.

vid

Make your gradient, then go to filters/pixelate/color halftone. For a black-only screen put "0" in for the cmy color values. Change the radius to make the dots larger or smaller.

doah!.. nice tip. That same filter is a available in Illustrator and I've used it to some degree of sucess there. I didn't think to look for it in Photoshop (duh).

Thanks for the slap on the noggin ...it's much easier to break out and change colors using channels in PS that way.