• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help deciding on which machine to choose.

player

If you buy the cheap one, you will always have tracking issues. I would think a good Summa would track fine for what you are doing. How big is the work you do?

Swarded

Alright, thanks everyone! I took into account everyone's advice and I ended up choosing the Summa D75, for the following reasons:

1. Constantly hear about the high quality of these machines.
2. It has "MicroSprocket media transport rollers" which, isn't sprocketed rollers, but nonetheless, might add a little bit extra for tracking
3. Drag knife with tangential emulation mode.

Hopefully I made the right choice! I'll post some examples of my work created once I get a bit of experience under my belt.

Jackpine

Graphic CE-6000 Summa D series are both good.
I have one of each. My CE 3000Mk2 has cut everyday 10+ years and contour cuts prints. I have a Summa d75 30" and is excellent also.

player

Alright, thanks everyone! I took into account everyone's advice and I ended up choosing the Summa D75, for the following reasons:

1. Constantly hear about the high quality of these machines.
2. It has "MicroSprocket media transport rollers" which, isn't sprocketed rollers, but nonetheless, might add a little bit extra for tracking

Hopefully I made the right choice! I'll post some examples of my work created once I get a bit of experience under my belt.

I am sure the machine will work just fine, but it sounds like you were dazzled by sales catch phrases, not actual cut tests.

Catchphrase 1:
"2. It has "MicroSprocket media transport rollers" which, isn't sprocketed rollers, but nonetheless, might add a little bit extra for tracking"

Catchphrase 2:

What a pile of BS.

This industry is full of vaporware.