• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help doing a FlexCut with Illustrator and Onyx rip

signsnowdaytona

I need to figure out how to do a flexcut using Illustrator files, ripping in Onyx and cutting on a Summa plotter. I'm hoping its as easy as assigning a spot color a name like I do now with contour cuts (named CutContour). I know I need to experiment with the pressures. I'm hoping to not use Winplot if possible. Does anyone do this themselves? Any help would be greatly appreciated. -David

ProColorGraphics

I need to figure out how to do a flexcut using Illustrator files, ripping in Onyx and cutting on a Summa plotter. I'm hoping its as easy as assigning a spot color a name like I do now with contour cuts (named CutContour). I know I need to experiment with the pressures. I'm hoping to not use Winplot if possible. Does anyone do this themselves? Any help would be greatly appreciated. -David

You might get more help putting this in the Summa section.

Chasez

I've done it a couple times (illy, onyx 10.5, summa). Fairly easy (excuse me if I don't remember all the steps exactly but should give you a really good starting point), do the normal "CutContour" spot colour name (or whatever you have changed the setting to in onyx), set to print to file to create the cut file, open cut-server and select the cut file. If you have not already setup a flexcut setting, select manager cutters, select the cutter and add. Name it, change the settings as you normally would for the type of material, then at the bottom there are flex cut settings, turn on then you'll have to play with the cut & flex lengths pressures.

Hope this helps.

Chaz

Hotspur

attached doc will explain

Attached document explains it all...

Attachments

• Adobe ONYX Summa Cutting Workflows 2016 v1.0.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 950