• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help need help engineering concrete needed for sign installation

Bigdawg

Just Me
Same on the west coast of Florida too. Permit needed for even a simple vinyl face change - and the permits are taking FOREVER to get approved. As far as the engineering, we're fortunate that our owner was an engineer and does the actual drawings and then sends them over to a local guy for him to look over and stamp. Saves a ton of time. But some of the engineering requirements are insane. The whole west coast could blow away in the hurricane and the darn signs will still be standing. I believe in safety first, but some of this is big-time overkill.

ams

By the way I am friends with a structural engineer called Schnitzhofer and Associates if you want him to review your stuff. I don't know how much he would charge, but it wouldn't be much for a review and sign off. He charges a lot to actually spec out a job.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Make sure the structural engineer is licensed in the state you are putting the sign in. YJinc.com is licensed in 49 states and a lot of Canada... one suggested firm is only licensed in Virginia, West Virginia and Pennsylvania

Last edited: