• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help figuring out how to use font in layout

shuv76

Hello ,,I am trying to cut a verse of scripture-- Psalm 71 14-17 . I am using A&S Snapper Script font The problem I am having is when I view it in wireframe , it has the letters cut into the letters beside of it ,,kinda like an overlay. The letters are only about 1.5 inches tall and it is going on a wall. I am not sure if I just need to use a different font or is there some way that I can fix it in corel X3. The Lady really likes the font but I am hesitant. If I cannot fix this problem, do you know of a type font that would work well in this application and have the script look to it? Thank you for any help ( also wondering if maybe I should post in a different forum? Thanks ,,Paul

Cyw

It's a script font, and just like any other script font, you need to weld it together to remove the overlaps you see.
In X3, you'll need to use the Weld command in the Shaping docker unless you want to jump through hoops converting to curves and then combining.
Clicking on Weld through the docker is quick & easy.

shuv76

Well I have one more problem now. The weld did the job on the font but now when it cuts the letters ,,they have a small jagged edge instead of being smooth.
Any ideas. Thanks again,,,Paul

Jackpine

Edit the node to smooth the transition of the line.It's all in the manual or help menu explaining cusp and smooth nodes.

Well I have one more problem now. The weld did the job on the font but now when it cuts the letters ,,they have a small jagged edge instead of being smooth.
Any ideas. Thanks again,,,Paul

Tony McD

Welding the font shouldn't have any effect on its smoothness.
Are you sure that font wasn't rough to start with ?