• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help finding a product--2s Optically Clear high tac tape?

Dovette

Good morning all your beautiful Signs101'ers! :)

I've got a customer asking me to find her some double sided tape. She wants it to be 1/2" wide, optically clear double sided tape, though. Does anyone make such a beast?
She's putting this between two clear pieces of acrylic. Her main concern is that she doesn't want to see the tape between the two substrates at all.

I'm stumped. Any ideas? :)

J Hill Designs

3m has a few optically clear DST solutions, usually in wide roll form, and fairly thin (2mil/3mil) - can probably be slit down, but if any thickness in between the sheets are needed, it wont work.

fresh

According to Harbor Sales website, both General Formulations Concept 113 Mounting Film and Seal Optimount looks like they would fit the bill. I've never used either, so if it we me, I'd call the manufacturer.

Dovette

3m has a few optically clear DST solutions, usually in wide roll form, and fairly thin (2mil/3mil) - can probably be slit down, but if any thickness in between the sheets are needed, it wont work.
I've given 'em a call. My rep said that there's nothing available in the width that I'm looking for. :(
Thanks for the help, though! :)

Dovette

According to Harbor Sales website, both General Formulations Concept 113 Mounting Film and Seal Optimount looks like they would fit the bill. I've never used either, so if it we me, I'd call the manufacturer.
Good deal, I'll throw my rep a line.

Thanks for the help! :)