Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help finding a product--2s Optically Clear high tac tape?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Dovette, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Dovette

Dovette Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Good morning all your beautiful Signs101'ers! :)

I've got a customer asking me to find her some double sided tape. She wants it to be 1/2" wide, optically clear double sided tape, though. Does anyone make such a beast?
    She's putting this between two clear pieces of acrylic. Her main concern is that she doesn't want to see the tape between the two substrates at all.

I'm stumped. Any ideas? :)

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    3m has a few optically clear DST solutions, usually in wide roll form, and fairly thin (2mil/3mil) - can probably be slit down, but if any thickness in between the sheets are needed, it wont work.

3. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    According to Harbor Sales website, both General Formulations Concept 113 Mounting Film and Seal Optimount looks like they would fit the bill. I've never used either, so if it we me, I'd call the manufacturer.

4. Dovette

Dovette Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I've given 'em a call. My rep said that there's nothing available in the width that I'm looking for. :(
    Thanks for the help, though! :)

5. Dovette

Dovette Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Good deal, I'll throw my rep a line.

Thanks for the help! :)