Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help finding proper material for countertops

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by aaronJREgraphics, Aug 20, 2012.

1. aaronJREgraphics

aaronJREgraphics Member

Mar 27, 2012
    hey everyone, I am doing a job for a large alcohol distributor here in town and they have asked us to do a number of laminated counter tops they have requested a floor graphic material because that is what someone has used in the past. I have never done any counter tops i did have a chance to look at the old ones and it does have a textured lam. I had planned on using 3m ij40c with 3648 lam but these have to last so if anyone has any suggestions or has done any in the past i would greatly appreciate your input thanks!

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    polycarb overlam?

3. aaronJREgraphics

aaronJREgraphics Member

Mar 27, 2012
    you asking about the 3648? Its polymeric cold overlam 6mil if so.

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    no im suggesting a textured polycarb overlam

5. aaronJREgraphics

aaronJREgraphics Member

Mar 27, 2012
    o ok what would you suggest i know seal make a good 5 and 6mil textured polycarb do you know anything about it? and if so what material would you suggest pairing with it? thanks

6. gnemmas

gnemmas Active Member

Nov 7, 2006
    CA
    Fellers Lamex 10 mil Polycarb.