• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help finding the best place to buy my new printhead

Hi all, long time lurker. This forum has been a great help in our shop. I have been researching for a few days on where to buy my printhead and they are all starting to look the same, except for price and where they are located at. We have a VJ1604 E. Our original printhead lasted for 5 years, so this is the first time we will be replacing it. The Mutoh part number is DF 49684. Prices range from 800-2200 for a DX5 printhead. Can someone help me decide on where to buy from and what the differences are? Any advice or help would be appreciated? I have read most of the posts here on these printheads and the posts have left me with more questions than answers. I have no problem with the $2000 OEM printhead, but would like the best value for my dollar. Thanks in advance!

garrettdelano

guardiangraphics,

I have a Mutoh 1204 and ended up replacing the print head a week ago. It is a DX5. I bought from a gentleman on Ebay. I've included a link below to his listing. It turns out after exchanging a few messages with him through Ebay, he lives in Tualitin (45mins away from me) and let me come pick it up and talk to him. It settled my mind knowing I knew where the guy lived. Anyways, I am running Ver 1.12 and put the new print head in and new head cables and it booted up just fine. I paid $1200 for it. He was willing to negotiate b/c it was cash.

heyskull

Just one thing, when changing the printhead also replace the head cable with a genuine one.
As far as printheads go 5 years is the maximum and should of been changed well before that.
When I was looking in the UK for a head the prices didn't vary that much, but $1200 is almost half what I paid for mine!

SC