• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Finding This Font....

MODCreations

Hi I need help finding this font? Can anyone help me out? The 27 Part

DJNumberFont-vi.jpg

Thanks Mike =):Canada 2:

Last edited by a moderator:

SignosaurusRex

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say thats a custom creation Mike. I've never seen anything remotely close to that in all my years working with typefaces. Sorry.

DrCAS

Those letters were, in all probability, hand done. Whether they were painted or they are vinyl, the originals were hand done. This is a very popular letterstyle used for race car numbers for years. They have been mimicked from coast to coast and back again. I believe Bob Cosgrove was one of the pioneers of this style... don't quote me.

Try printing this as large as you can and doing a trace and scan. I do this a lot. Clean it up and you will have it forever.

DrCAS

I know the quote, brother... that is why there was no apologies. Rooster... Raven... It's all good, right?

JD3

... We had a 1/4 midget customer request a similar number. We recreated it using a font we had called Julius Black.

It's definitely an edited font.

Now, if i'm not mistaken the car (driven by Danny Johnson) was lettered by both JR & Atomic Sign works.

MODCreations

... We had a 1/4 midget customer request a similar number. We recreated it using a font we had called Julius Black.

It's definitely an edited font.

Now, if i'm not mistaken the car (driven by Danny Johnson) was lettered by both JR & Atomic Sign works.

Yes the car is Danny Johonson's. Danny drove for a friend of mine. =)

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
talk about a delayed response.... or is my time machine on again

>taps on time machine<