• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help for 3M certified installer test

ssb

Hi Guys,

Company willing to send me to take the 3M training and the test ,Since more and more customer request Vehicle wrap job and checking the certificate.

I'm not expecting to do wrap over a week, I 'm ready for a month and years practice. and I'm sure we will outsourcing the job in the first year.

all I need is the pass the test and got the paper, I can't afford fail the test .

about my back ground : I'm complete new to car wrap, but did some window graphics before.

My questions is :

Is this possible for me to take and pass the test directly , after their 3 days training , for example I'm a fast learner......

what kind of practice and knowledge I should prepare before I take the test?

Many Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I doubt it.

You should try to get some experience with wrapping somewhere and then go to perfect your talents and get certified.

the graphics co

3M Certification is for more than vehicle wraps, I don't believe you will be certified unless you pass all the disciplines. On another note, it would be quite a feat to pass the certification after only a 3 day training. If i am not mistaken, you aren't able to take the certification test for 3-6 months after completing the training as they want you to practice what you have learned. All the info is on the 3M website, you should read up on it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You pass cert as soon as they receive payment lol you will be fine but you should film it and go back and keep watching it over and over and practice makes perfect wrap your car a few times.

WB

1st thing.. Maybe in the past you passed if you paid but 3M has put a stop to that as far as I know.

2nd you need to take the 1st lvl training then go out and practice your skills for 3-12 months then come back and take the advanced training. Once you take the advanced training you can do that test.

We I took the test 8 of us started in the Advanced training 6 took the test and only 3 of us passed. If you fail you can come back and retest the area's you failed free of charge within the a certain time period.