• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help for cleaning a Mimaki JV3-130SPII ( Stored without cleaning???)

Freeride

Hi Guys,
i bought a used Mimaki JV3-130SPII, i have problem with this printer...

The printer was removed from a working environment BUT!!!
The ink was not removed and the print heads will need to be cleaned. I didn"t see personally the printer, the seller told me this information.

So my questions: :help

1. What's the best way to clean line, do i have to use the cleaning cartridge? Is it enough?
2. How do i have to clean heads,
3. Head could be affected by the storage without cleaning?
4. What's the way to clean heads?
5. Do the pump could be affected by this storage?

Please feel free to comments, i have to pickup the printer next week and i want to have an idea before...

Thanks,

particleman

if printer has been sitting unplugged that means no ink has moved through the system. It will dry in a matter of days in the heads. This will ruin the heads. Odds are if it has been unplugged the heads are shot, you can always turn it on and try to see what you can get, but probably going to have to buy 4 new heads and dampers.

eforer

New heads. Those are likely to be toast. Right now Mimaki JV3 heads are 1k a piece (they just went up) you'll want to get new dampers as well and do a "head wash" to remove and dry cruddy ink from the lines before you install the new heads. You'll also need 40 linear feet of material to calibrate the machine. You'll probably want to buy a couple of pumps too just to have handy.