• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help for Roland CJ-540

bovegas

I finally got my Roland cj-540 working. I have conected it to my desktop with parallel to USB. I am using Flexi 8.1. Whe I try to print something it prints slowly. Carriage moves and prints and than stops, than moves back print and stops. It looks like comunication issue. I have tried with laptop and its the same thing. I dont have parallel card on my desktop and my laptop. I see on the back of the printer it has ethernet port. Is ethernet faster conection? How do i set it up to use ethernet conecction? Do I conect it to my router or I conect it directly to computer, and how do i set it up. Thanks in advance for all your help

macmedia

Ethernet is far faster than the parallel to USB solution. I think you are right about the data not being able to keep up with the printing.

You need to set the IP address on the printer using the Roland NetTool Print Server Utility from your computer. Hooking up the printer through a router is preferred so you don't have to use a crossover cable when going direct.

PM me if you need this software.