• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help from an ONYX rep

Kemble

I purchased an ONYX dongle back in 2010 from someone here on the forums. To my understanding it is a 6.5 postershop or production house, I don't remember which. When I received the dongle I put it in a drawer to be used later as I was not 100% ready for it at the time and wanted to get it upgraded to version 10 (the latest version at the time). Shortly after we changed company direction and I no longer had a need for the ONYX software. Completely forgetting about the dongle I had in the drawer, then we moved, out of sight out of mind. Fast forward 8 years later, I now have this dongle and am wondering if it's worth anything ?

timgo

Graphics Designer
I purchased an ONYX dongle back in 2010 from someone here on the forums. To my understanding it is a 6.5 postershop or production house, I don't remember which. When I received the dongle I put it in a drawer to be used later as I was not 100% ready for it at the time and wanted to get it upgraded to version 10 (the latest version at the time). Shortly after we changed company direction and I no longer had a need for the ONYX software. Completely forgetting about the dongle I had in the drawer, then we moved, out of sight out of mind. Fast forward 8 years later, I now have this dongle and am wondering if it's worth anything ?
Is this dongle with the software? is this a usb dongle?
Send a photo please.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Is this dongle with the software? is this a usb dongle?
Send a photo please.
you can always download the software from onyx. the dongle is the licence. I don't know what it'll be worth as im not sure what it'll cost upgrading to the lastest stuff. 6.5 is real old and i dont think anyone would want to use it now.

Kemble

yes, it's just a usb dongle. I paid $1K for it in 2010 with the intent to upgrade it to v10 but never got around to it. And yes Pauly is right, you download the software from their website.

Bly

But they won't have v6 on their server.
Best case is you'll get a reduced upgrade fee to the current version.
Someone may have install disks for that version which you could install, if it runs on current OS, and has drivers for any printers you may now have.