• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help getting my old PNC-1000A up and running again.

kwiktsi

Hey guys, newb here.. I have an old PNC 1000A that I have had since the 90's. I used to use it with Corel 7 and winplot and last used it about 2 years ago, all was working fine at that point. During our last move, our old laptop with my Corel disks and winplot dongle went MIA so I have been trying to get it working on my XP desktop with Corel x5 and have had no luck.

I am trying to cut direct from Corel using the correct driver from Rolands site and a USB to Parallel adapter (always used it on a parallel port in the past, no USB adapter). I have tried to export to .plt, save as .plt, convert to curves, etc. before cutting and I keep getting either a document failed to print error or it will say "printing" but nothing ever happens. I have assigned a hairline and no fill as well.

Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you.
Joe

Edit- I wanted to add that I am using a Belkin USB to centronics printer cable, not an adapter that my original cable plugs into. I don't know if this makes a difference or not. Also, my printer port shows as "USB virtual printer port" or something like that in my device manager with no options to change anything and no comm ports showing up.

Last edited:

signsolutions

To plot to our PNC-1850, we also have to use the USB to parallel cable.

Production manager for Flexi has the port identified as USB001, not sure if this helps.

It is the only port that works (there are many other listed)

- Keith
Sign Solutions

kwiktsi

Thanks Keith, after trying every possible setup I could think of (Port was USB0001 on mine as well) with no luck, I just gave up and picked up a used desktop with parallel port and it works fine on this one.

I did have another question if anyone can help- I am using both CutStudio and Corel x5 and if I try to set it up as landscape (both in printer settings and in my layout), when I cut, it feeds several feet and then starts the cut, wasting all that material. I noticed the longer set the paper length, the more it wastes. If I am cutting something smaller and set the length to ~20", it doesn't waste any and just starts the cut. With things setup as portrait, it does not waste any, just complicates the layout and design a bit for me as I was used to landscape with my old software. Is there any way around this? Thank you for your time.
Joe