• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help getting perfect radius corners with Sabre 408

markh789

When we fabricate acrylic sign panels such as 6" x 6" with 1/2" radius corners we cant get the machine to give us perfect corners usually where the plunge is made, there is always a small nick. Does anyone have any suggestions of what we could do to solve this problem. Thanks, Mark

Tony Teveris

You can try to move the start point of the shape on the original outline in Composer, or if you have ArtPATH that comes with Omega 4/5 there is a tool selection where you can 'slice" a new start point anywhere on the tool path.

MikePro

+1 to moving the plunge to a flat edge. we also route two passes, one leaves a skin at the base of the substrate to keep the shape from shifting during the heavy-routing. final pass to clean it up/cut it free.

SebastienL

+1 for changing the start point. Also, I'm not familiar with your router but, have it "ramp" in at an angle instead of having the tool plunge straight down in the material. And like MikePro said, do it in two passes leaving something like .025" for the finishing pass. And don't go through the material on the roughing pass.