• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help getting started.

Scenic artist

Hello. I have a graphtec pro 7000FC MK 2 75 and am just getting started. I'm attempting to use it with illustrator and cutting master 2. I must be doing something wrong as at the moment it will only cut a postage stamp size version of what I wanted it to. The size and scale of the image looks perfect on the CM2 window but it always cuts a tiny version.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Lunatic Taskbar

What size is the image in Illustrator?If you increase the size in illustrator does that help?

Oh and Welcome to an outstanding forum, Could you possibly tell us a little about your self?

...and what part of Kent are you working in?

Scenic artist

I bought the graphtec as a stencil cutter. I paint scenery for the theatre and sometimes get jobs that have a lot of sign writing on. We are about to do cloths for Saturday Night Fever, covered in Neon Signs. As for location the studio is near Tunbridge Wells but it's very rural, in the middle of nowhere really.

It doesn't seem to matter what I do in illustrator, the cutter always cuts out something about as big as a walnut! On the preview panel on CM2 it looks like what I'm cutting will be the width of the paper, 75cm, but in reality I only ever get a thumb nail sized version. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Ken

In Cutting Master you need to input your media size correctly, then uncheck the box "fit to media", then check the box "proportional".
Hope this helps.
Ken.
Welcome to Signs 101 from BC, Canada

woolly

check what ken has said also
The size and scale of the image looks perfect on the CM2 window but it always cuts a tiny version.

you may find that the step command is different in cm2 and the plotter settings.

welcome from the UK

woolly