• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help!! How to change a file from pdf to eps???

graphixstation

Hi
I have been sent a email in a pdf file and i need it converted to an eps file as i need to change some things in the file and adjust the size and colours etc. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

iSign

You will need the full version of Acrobat, not just Acrobat reader, and you can just open it & then export or save as an .eps (I forget which)

Sometimes you will hope for vectors, but only sometimes you will get them because they aren't always in there to start with.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What version of Corel do you have?
CorelDraw may not support the version of pdf you have.
It might open, try to open it in Corel as a pdf, ai, eps, or ps.
Select the file then change the file type in the import box, if
you let Draw auto select the type it can get it wrong and say it can't be opened when it can.

wayne k
guam usa

Typestries

or, if you have the fonts used installed you could open in illustrator and save as an eps

or

if the fonts are converted to outlines, open and save as an eps in illustrator.

Are you just printing the file? how come not just print from the PDF?

rcook99

If I understand what you are asking, you can import the .PDF into X-3 as curves and this will make your PDF a vector file. Once you import it make your changes you need to make and then just export it as an .EPS file. Be sure to look at the PDF file after you import it to make sure everything was imported correctly and the fonts are correct. Hope this helps you!

Border

You can also open PDF files in Inkscape for editing. Hopefully it has the vectors in it and not just a raster image like the one I got yesterday. In which case, I just forwarded that file to Eric (The Vector Doctor) at the end of business yesterday and there it was, all nice and vectorized, in my inbox first thing this morning. Only 6 bucks.

:rock-n-roll:

Replicator

If the PDF is a true vector file then almost any program will allow you to export/save as an EPS, that being said . . .

If the PDF is a file with a bitmap embedded inside it, no program will convert it to a vector EPS . . . !