Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Need help HP 360 Latex first connexion PC not working

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by petit, Aug 20, 2019.

1. petit

petit Member

Aug 13, 2017
    FRANCE
    HY guys

I've just bought a used HP 360 LATEX but i can't find a way to connect it to the PC.
    I'm using Signature RIP and the printer is connect by ethernet to the PC. I've chosen an IP adress manualy on the printer/PC but nothing comes to the PC. I've also tried using automatic IP and default settings but nothing...no netwrok found. There is an usb connection on the printer but i don't think it is used for PC connection, maybe for firmeware updates or profile media update...
    I use a ROLAND VP300 by ethernet connection and SP300 by USB and never had a problem :(

2. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    I think if you're not going through a switch you need a crossover cable for direct connection.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    As Dan360 said, first make a direct connection to see if everything is working properly and then try it over ethernet.

4. petit

petit Member

Aug 13, 2017
    FRANCE
    I'm already using a direct connection by an ethernet cable not going throught a network if it is what you mean.

5. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
  6. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    I mean, use a USB cable to connect your printer directly to your PC.
    If your printer does not have a usb port then you need a serial to usb cable, which you can buy for usd 10-20 on the internet.

7. petit

petit Member

Aug 13, 2017
    FRANCE
    Ok i just have to connect both printer and pc to the dumb switch with standard RJ45 and it will make it worked?

8. bannertime

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    That should do it. Unless there is a firewall on your computer that's blocking the port or something. lol

9. petit

petit Member

Aug 13, 2017
    FRANCE
    OK i order it right away. 5 single port with unmanaged option is enought?

10. bannertime

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    Yeah, you can also plug in a printer, wifi router, another computer etc.

11. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    If your software is installed correctly and supports the driver of your printer then it must work properly.