• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help identifying banner frame

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I have to install a large banner on this frame. I have installed banners on frames before, but only using the retro SIGNCOMP version. I don't recognize this frame and was wondering what tools i would need for this frame. I have the SIGNCOMP tensioner tool, but something tells me this is different.

frame.jpg

thanks

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
frame

i have nothing.
i have never seen that type before.
could be a obsolete company for all i know.
good luck!

Desert_Signs

thanks, not sure that's the same system, frame looks different.

It might not be an ackland, but I bet it's the same idea. I'm pretty sure I installed one like that somewhere along the line. You mount a base to the wall. The base has banner tape around the edges with a shallow channel. You stick the banner all the way around, making it as tight as you can. The outer frame has an extrusion that fits into the channel of the base. You put it on, then screw it down, the extrusion pushes the banner into the channel, pulling it tight.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i'm doing an install for another company, I would like to know 100% positive what i'm dealing with before I accept the job. I don't do surprises.