Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help install question

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by EbsWeb5150, Apr 25, 2011.

1. EbsWeb5150

EbsWeb5150 Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Looking at a 4ft. x 10ft. Alupanel sign. Going to use a SignComp Frame
    to slide the Alupanel in. Just wondering how I'm going to install the sign and frame on the vertical Aluminum siding. (see attached pic)

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    no pic, but usually with signcomp frames, you attach 3 sides to the building, slide the sign in, and secure the fourth sign as instructed

3. EbsWeb5150

EbsWeb5150 Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Pic is up there now

The pic is now attached

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Hate to tell you this, but if that's what you are proposing.... the address numbers make your sign look somewhat out of place.

You might want to keep the further apart and go with something more like this.........
    compton .jpg

5. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    If that were my place NO WAY would I want you to drill holes in that standing seam siding! You better get it in writing that it is alright to do or you are going to be buying some expensive siding.

6. EbsWeb5150

EbsWeb5150 Member

Jul 24, 2009
    What would you recommend Mosh? I was thinking a 4ft.x 10ft. sign comp frame or a
    2ft. x 10ft. sign comp frame. Cant be lorger than 10ft. WHAT ARE THE PROBLEMS
    with seem siding? Please elaborate.

7. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    We first off it is high dollar to replace. When this tenant moves out there will be a bunch of holes in it. Not saying not to do the job, just be sure the landowner knows what you are planning to do. Not like drilling into brick mortor that can be patched.

Also DO NOT lean a ladder against it, most are false fronts and could cave in with the weight, or at least scratch real easily.

Standing seam siding is good stuff, but high dollar.

8. EbsWeb5150

EbsWeb5150 Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Thanks for the info. Appreciate everybody's help