• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help matching a handpainted font.

raw191

Can you pro's tell me a font that would be close, or should I just trace it?

raw191

Attachments

• MVC-003F.jpg
    MVC-003F.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 144

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The "M"s and the "o"s are so different from eachother that I would definitely trace it to preserve the look of it.

Richard Flint

Attention to detail wasen't in that signwriters forte!

As for the font - don't think there's anything close to it, thank God! I would just trace it and hand paint it.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
That was hand painted by that same mythical nephew than can draw. As poor a job of hand lettering as I've seen lately.

Don't bother to trace this dreck, redraw it. You can see the flavor of it, now redraw it with a bit more attention to draftsmanship. Assuming that you, unlike the original artiste, can actually do hand lettering.

SignosaurusRex

Trace it! On a side note, It almost looks like very, very early Ed "Big Daddy" Roth's work. I mean wayyyyyyyyy back, before "Rat Fink" and some of his other icons. Is that a name or initials down there in the corner I see? If so, what is it?

raw191

It's from the late 60's. The initials are "J-" and then a picture of a bird. So j-bird. It was off of a customer's late fathers car. Kind of neat.