• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help! Media Width not working Roland SP300v

ezeloCreative

Hello I have searched the forums and also called my printer supplier and it looks like my cut carriage cable has a kink in it and needs to be replaced. It will only read 13.5" across.

I have a couple 27" wide jobs to run and was wondering if anyone here has any idea how to manual set the media width or override the auto width in versa works, as I do not need to do any cutting on these jobs and my clients needs them ASAP?

In most cases I would wait for the parts to arrive and fix it, but as normal in this business the printer stopped working right when all the big jobs need to be done.:smile:

Update: My parts supplier here in Canada is saying up to 10 days for the parts to arrive from Roland...arrgh!

Any help would be great...

Thanks'

-s

Last edited:

ezeloCreative

Response

Just to add closure to this, for anyone searching the forums in the future...

The only way I could get the printer to read the full width was by replacing the cutter carriage ribbon.
The repair took about an hour to complete.

So in a nutshell there is no way to override the printer media width reading in software or the printer.