• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help. My BN20 just keep beeping and flashing.

StickerBee

I dont know whats going on. I know its not the Pinch Roller. My Versawworks says Setup Incomplete. When I turn on the printer seconds later it will beep and then the light is flashing.

Please help!

Thanks!

Creek Bank

I have had this happen a few times and when it does usually when I shut down Versaworks and then restart it will be fine, other times I have to shut off the main power on the BN-20 let it sit a minute and then turn it back on. One of the times it did it seemed like nothing was going to work.... no boxes coming up on the screen... started the BN-20 utility and it said one of the inks was empty... replaced it and away it went... other than I was screwed for the last 4" of a 8' print job.

Hope it helps cause Roland sure isn't very helpful with anything!

StickerBee

Thanks! But I spent countless hours reading all the forum but seems cant rectify the problem. Just the beeping wont stop. I replaced the waste bin and still the same. Inks are more than 50% in capacity. But im not sure with the liquid. Should this be the problem? My VW status stuck in CLEANING mode. Whats going on? My Bn20 utility are all blanks.

Last edited:

Creek Bank

I have had the BN-20 give false info on ink capacity but never when empty.
Is the head in the parked position?
Did you try removing the media and putting it back in?
With the media out inspect the feed roller good. One time I had a piece of tape wrapped around the feed roller and that made the thing beep cause it couldn't move and it gave no warning. (with the main power off you can rotate the feed roller)

StickerBee

Its solved! My Windows 10 is messed up where my BN Utility isnt communicating to my printer. I used my Win7 laptop and I found out that my Waste cartridge was full. I followed the manual on Roland website how to install a new waste cartridge but not a go. Followed the video posted from Stahls and that fixed it. I was so mad because it is supposed to be an easy fix but somehow was too complicated. Ugh!

Thanks again Creek!