• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help, not drying

We have a mutoh valuejet 1204 that uses eco solvent ultra ink. We have tried several different papers but the problem is the ink is not dry when it gets done printing, someone has to stand there the entire time and hold the poster up rather than letting it roll up on the auto winder. Any suggestions? Even then it takes an hour or more for it to dry. The heaters are set properly according to mutoh manual. We are using a recommended paper from mutohs website.

MikePro

heater set too low? printing temperature should be decided based on ink specs, but still couldn't hurt to dial it up a bit to try.

jc1cell

sound like either wrong paper

Have you played with the ink limits? Maybe too much ink dropping on the paper. If heat settings are at their highest without affecting the paper and the ink still doesn't dry after playing around with the ink limits, you're paper simply isn't holding the ink and just will not work.

jc

J Hill Designs

I recently got some paper from hexis that prints beautifully...not heavy photo paper, more like poster paper...its 135 g/m2 - nice satin sheen

will do on the heaters.

not sure how to adjust the ink settings, this dept was thrown into my lap with no knowledge or training so I'm at square one on this.