• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help on contour cutting

mondo

I have printed a logo and need to contour cut it. The problem is when I send it to the cutter it wont cut. I have tried everything and no success at all. I have it with registration marks and when I switch to Production Manager (by the way I use Flexi 8 ) and send the file sometimes I get a "port error" and sometimes no warning. I've reinstalled the driver, did everything i could think of, still no success. I also tried just cutting it wont even show up on the Production Manager. Its hows the progress but still no movement on the cutter. What is the Problem? Help!

grafxxx

separate your contour cut then goto and click on >arrange then to >contour cut and then >release contour that should help you outthen set a solid color to it when you open the production manager to cut you should see the contour cut

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
separate your contour cut then goto and click on >arrange then to >contour cut and then >release contour that should help you outthen set a solid color to it when you open the production manager to cut you should see the contour cut

Bad advice. If your release the contour cut, it's no longer a contour cut.

From the top...

You have an image that includes a path known to Flexi as a contour path. You can create the contour path via either the Effects->Contour Cut or creating your own path, select it, and then Arrange->Contour Cut->Make Contour Cut.

Send the image to the RIP and Print, not the Cut/Plot.

On the Rip and Print dialog select "Contour Cut" on the Advanced tab. There select your plotter setup, the flavor of registration marks you want to use, as select "Send as separate jobs" from the appropriate list box.

Send the job to the Production manager. You'll notice that two jobs are created, one for the printer and one for the plotter.

When the print is done, load it in the plotter and send the plotter job created in the last step. You'll be prompted to set things up for the auto registration. Do what it says.

Your plotter should be merrily plotting away at this point.

That's one way to do it. There are other ways as well.

Todd M Castle

Bob I feel is right on the money. I think you are just sending it the wrong way or missing a step that needs to be done. Its actually quite simple once you realize the steps involved but until you nail it the first time it won't seem simple.

What cutter and printer combo are you using by the way?