• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help on printing 36'' banner

JONESYS

jonesy
I have never printed a banner on my roland sp-540v. I'm using versa works. I have a general ideal how to do everything but making sure I get it in the center of the banner. Are they a setting that will let me center it. And do I raise the printer head as high as it will go on A 13oz banner.any info.
Thanks,
Jonesie

cdiesel

We have always printed on the low setting, even on magnet. As for centering on the banner, as long as the banner is centered between the outter most pinch rollers, just click "center on media" under the layout tab in VersaWorks and you're good to go. You can also click on "fit to media" to print to the maximum width you have available (assuming you're printing on 36" or 39" banner material). This will leave you enough material on the edges to hem.

Left Coast

cdiesel pretty much nailed it but also to add.. make sure your adding some pinch rollers in the middle of your outer 2, especially if your printing on 51" banner material

cheers

JONESYS

jonesy
Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the Info. I should pull the blade out to shouln't I. you all are the best Thanks. first banner just was Questioned on these areas before printing the first one.

JONESYS

jonesy

Well
I live in a small town everyone has had to drive 60 miles for digital printing .And i bought me the sp-540v last of Nov.i thought it would be a good time to learn on when thing are slow.I do alot of basketballs magnetics and all other sports for local sporting goods store. and the schools,and plus my sign work. so i am laying low and just learning before i advertise very much don't won't to spoil the basket of apples with one bad one.as the old saying goes.I have use it up until this piont making
4 x 8 signs & yard signs window graphics thing i,m comfortable with. it is a lot better than weeding and cutting all kind of colors, you now where i'm going with that .but any way thanks for asking.

I'm looking for someone that can die cut magnetics if you all Know any one like 6'' & 8'' baseballs things like that. I'm handcutting them and sanding the edges.that get rough after 100 or so.great market here.

Last edited:

australia banners

When printing on Banner material, Buy some DYNE pens, and make sure the dyne level of your material is at least #38 dyne.

Dyne is critical for successful printing, it's the level of ink fluidity of the material.

For the Roland, Go Slow and work with original files of 150DPI.

www.australiabanners.com.au

JONESYS

jonesy
reply back on banner

HEY THANKS TO ALL THAT HELPED. MY FIRST PRINTED BANNER LOOKED GREAT. NO PROBLEMS. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE DYNE PENS.
I HADN'T HEARD OF THAT. WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU DO WITH DYNE PENS.
IN MORE DETAIL ARE WERE DO I NEED TO GO TO GET MORE INFO. ANYTHING THAT HELPS I'M WILLING TO TRY IT OUT.
THANKS,
JONESIE:thankyou:

D3G

What are you talking about DYNE? I've never heard of this and I've been printing banners for a year or so.

JONESYS

jonesy

Australia

IN THE REPLY ABOVE MINE WAS TALKING ABOUT DYNE PENS. I DON'T kNOW THATS WAY I WAS ASKING MYSELF.

australia banners

Microscope Your Material

Under a microscope, the surface of the material is all fuzzy.

Imagine painting a brick wall, the paint will easily soak in because the surface is rough.
Imagine painting a vinyl film. The surface is less fuzzy.

Dyne tells you how fuzzy the surface is. You cant put the banner material under a microscope everytime, so you use a dyne pen. It shows the viscosity level (surface tension) of the surface and how the ink will absorb.

Anything under #38 and you'll have problems and the vinyl material supplier has given the reason for your problem. If you have material that achieves #44, it also helps your dry time and you can print faster.

You should be able to buy from any local UV or Flexo printing supply company in your area.

You simply run the dyne pen (just like a texta) and it will show how the ink laydowns and surface tension of the vinyl material.

Particularly helpful for those use cheap water based dye inks.

See USA http://www.novasys.com.au/uvps1.htm

http://www.australiabanners.com.au

JONESYS

jonesy

Australia

THANKS FOR THE BREAK DOWN ON DYNE PENS. I UNDERSTAND IT MORE AND KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING .
THANKS.
JONESIE