• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help please . . . IP Address - Versaworks, Flexi

Tim Kingston

Hi,
Without going into a long story, I am in a bind. I have to install Versaworks and Flexi (7.6 ) for Roland SJ640ex 545ex on a different computer ( the old one and its raid drive are toast, when I use the Versaworks utility to indentify the IP address of the two printers, I briefly get an address and then it is red X ( won't verify).
I have no experience with networks or installing these programs ( just started a year ago) , the printers and programs were already installed and profiled) and I can't find any backup information.
After a system crash the company installed Windows7 on the main computer and I am running XP64 and Windows 2000 on the others. The Network recognizes the XP64 but not the Windows2000 machine ( so far ). The Windows7 is set to automatically recognize network hardware.
So, how do you normally set the IP address for a Roland printer? Should the windows machine / network assign one or do you contact the vendor for that information? ( couldn't do that today because of the holiday)
I have both sets of software installed but I'm at a roadblock with the IP address. Thanks for any help you can give me. Tim

tanneji

I can't speak for that particular printer but on our VP-540, you set the IP within the printer and then tell Versaworks where to look for it. The "Verify" button is only for when you have already input the IP address. You should be able to find it somewhere in one of the menus on the printer.

Tim Kingston

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I don't think that is the case with the SJ, at least I've never seen anything like that in the menu items, but I'll double check it tomorrow. Any SJ users out there? Thanks, Tim

I can't speak for that particular printer but on our VP-540, you set the IP within the printer and then tell Versaworks where to look for it. The "Verify" button is only for when you have already input the IP address. You should be able to find it somewhere in one of the menus on the printer.