Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help PLEASE!! Need to outsource hospital boards

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by RyanFelty, Aug 13, 2013.

1. RyanFelty

RyanFelty Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Okay so I need to quote a job for 143 Hospital boards that go in patients rooms. They need to be magnetic and dry erase with a thin black frame around the outside...I have attached a picture. Does anyone know a supplier that does this sort of thing at a decent wholesale price??? THANKS! Ohh and the size is 18"x24"

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Circleville Signs

Circleville Signs Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Circleville, OH
    Why outsource that? Just go to Sam's club (or another bulk supplier) and order magnetic dry erase boards, cut/print your vinyl, and apply.

3. boxerbay

boxerbay Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Darkside of the Moon
    Ryan,

We produce these all the time for Baptist hospital here in Miami Florida.
    If you would like to get these done email me.

** cut vinyl on dry erase is not a great idea as the letters will get full of dry erase gunk and will eventually come off.

Proper is a screen printed method.

4. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    wouldn't printing the info (be it vinyl and stick to mag or screen print to mag) and then applying the dry-erase lamination also work?

5. boxerbay

boxerbay Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Darkside of the Moon
    yes it will work but it will not be the same and it will be an inferior product.

hospitals are brutal and dry erase lamination film will not hold up. We know.

6. JBusch260

JBusch260 Active Member

Jan 22, 2013
    +1 We did a few dry erase laminated boards and the med staff used some HARSH cleaning agents on there. Totally trashed them. Lesson learned.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  7. RyanFelty

RyanFelty Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks for the help guys boxer I sent you a pm. I mean I have the capabilities to possibly produce something. I could print them on the flatbed then apply the dry erase lam and figure out the framing, but like you guys have said I don't know what kind of beating they are going to take. I don't want 143 boards coming back to me...that's a nightmare.

8. boxerbay

boxerbay Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Darkside of the Moon
    the dry erase lam is for one off low use stuff. the lam after a while scratches and does not wipe clean. In a hospital it will fail before one year and you will have to deal with that mess. we know. we've been through it. they will use the worse items to clean with - alcohol and paper towels. both will eat the laminate and cause it to fail over time.