• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help PLEASE!! Need to outsource hospital boards

RyanFelty

Okay so I need to quote a job for 143 Hospital boards that go in patients rooms. They need to be magnetic and dry erase with a thin black frame around the outside...I have attached a picture. Does anyone know a supplier that does this sort of thing at a decent wholesale price??? THANKS! Ohh and the size is 18"x24"

Attachments

• hospital sample.jpg
    hospital sample.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 77

Circleville Signs

Why outsource that? Just go to Sam's club (or another bulk supplier) and order magnetic dry erase boards, cut/print your vinyl, and apply.

boxerbay

Ryan,

We produce these all the time for Baptist hospital here in Miami Florida.
If you would like to get these done email me.

** cut vinyl on dry erase is not a great idea as the letters will get full of dry erase gunk and will eventually come off.

Proper is a screen printed method.

2B

wouldn't printing the info (be it vinyl and stick to mag or screen print to mag) and then applying the dry-erase lamination also work?

boxerbay

yes it will work but it will not be the same and it will be an inferior product.

hospitals are brutal and dry erase lamination film will not hold up. We know.

JBusch260

yes it will work but it will not be the same and it will be an inferior product.

hospitals are brutal and dry erase lamination film will not hold up. We know.

+1 We did a few dry erase laminated boards and the med staff used some HARSH cleaning agents on there. Totally trashed them. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

RyanFelty

Thanks for the help guys boxer I sent you a pm. I mean I have the capabilities to possibly produce something. I could print them on the flatbed then apply the dry erase lam and figure out the framing, but like you guys have said I don't know what kind of beating they are going to take. I don't want 143 boards coming back to me...that's a nightmare.

boxerbay

the dry erase lam is for one off low use stuff. the lam after a while scratches and does not wipe clean. In a hospital it will fail before one year and you will have to deal with that mess. we know. we've been through it. they will use the worse items to clean with - alcohol and paper towels. both will eat the laminate and cause it to fail over time.