• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Please!

vinylink0331

I never try to touch the head of my Mutoh 48 in Valuejet printer, but I see some fibers on the head. Can I lightly run a foam tip over it to remove the fibers or will it scratch the head of the machine. If so, what other method could I use to get it clean?

studebaker

Deluded Artist
Actually, put some ecosolvent cleaning fluid from your cleaning cartridge on a lint free paper cloth and lower the head down on it for 30 seconds and then withdraw it out slowly, with the head still in the down position.

Rinse, and repeat with a fresh lint free paper cloth... You may need to put a few business cards under the cloth the get it to press tightly against the printhead for the capillary action to work well. Pulling the cloth out while the head is still tight will take some of the "dangly" fibers with it and clean a few nozzles at the same time.

PS, I have charged a few of my local competitors for this head cleaning tip, and they were glad to pay it. It's our secret.... :rolleyes:

studebaker

Deluded Artist
You are right... The rubber wiper "scrapes" across it every day. The roll of Blue Shop Towels they sell in Lowes or Home Depot are good enough. And yes you can clean your head this way without detriment.

There are other types of Lint Free paper towels out there like the "Swiffer Sweeper" cleaning wipes for those "new" style mops.

vinylink0331

Update

HI,
Just wanted to update what I did to fix the problem. I did use a lint free cloth, lowered print head, and pulled it out gently. I also used my foam tip which seemed to do no harm. I got a small mirror and stuck under printer head and it was clean as a whistle. Thanks, for the tips.