• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Pricing

StuckDesigns

I'm quoting a job for a costumer. They want Premium Cast White vinyl on a 4' X 16' sign, there will be roughly 24 to 28 of them. They want me to quote them for 4 at a time. This is the first time I have worked with a big company or a sign this big I'm kind of in the air what to charge used a couple calculators I'm coming up with around $157 a sign so $628 for 4. Does this sound right? Any and all help would be great!!!! Thanks for your time.

*I messed up on my math in first post.

fresh

what?

is there a substrate? is it cut vinyl or printed / laminated material?

how did you come up with your price?

StuckDesigns

Cut vinyl they are supplying the painted alum. Figured out price per sq in. and how many hours it would take cutting weeding masking and applying. Am I out of the ball park or not high enough????

T_K

I'm quoting a job for a costumer. They want Premium Cast White vinyl on a 4' X 16' sign on both there will be roughly 24 to 28 of them. They want me to quote them for 4 at a time. This is the first time I have worked with a big company or a sign this big I'm kind of in the air what to charge used a couple calculators I'm coming up with around $40 a sign so $160 for 4. Does this sound right? Any and all help would be great!!!! Thanks for your time.

I'm a little confused on the job specs. Here's what I think I'm understanding. Please correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.

Cut white cast vinyl applied to 2 sides on existing 4 ft x 16 ft sign panel
24-28 spaces available on sign panel
Individual sign area is +/- 2.6 sq. ft. per side
Producing in batches of 4 individual signs

Is this correct?
Installation included???

StuckDesigns

One sign is 4 ft. tall by 16 ft. long There will be 24 to 28 4ft x 16ft signs when job is done. Yes that is installed. They are going on the side of conex boxes for construction job sites.

0igo

dang thats cheap, are they supplying the board as well? if it was just one board $700+ easily on a discount on that many boards $350 each

GVP

It depends on coverage, but I don't think $40 would even cover the cost of materials, let alone your labor. How much of the 4'x16' are you covering?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm quoting a job for a costumer. They want Premium Cast White vinyl on a 4' X 16' sign, there will be roughly 24 to 28 of them. They want me to quote them for 4 at a time. This is the first time I have worked with a big company or a sign this big I'm kind of in the air what to charge used a couple calculators I'm coming up with around $40 a sign so $160 for 4. Does this sound right? Any and all help would be great!!!! Thanks for your time.

Alright.......... are these :

• Single or double faced ??
  • Lotsa copy ??
  • What kinda font is being used ??
  • Intricate or bold block ??
  • Are they all the same ??

This should either be screened or flatbed printed, unless it's one or two words in big block. However, if the customer is supplying the substrate, you have no idea what grade of crap you might be dealing with, so be careful.

And no, a big NO........ $40 a pop is terrible and ridiculous.

fresh

You say you priced it per SQUARE INCH. So you calculated it based on 18,432 sq inches (total area double sided)? Did you make a mistake in your math, because that equals less than a penny per square inch. We don't do anything per square inch, its sq ft, and I don't really care that its double sided. You are quoting qty 8, 4ftx16ft one color, cast cut vinyl RTA.

Are you installing or are they? I'd probably charge about $3200 for the vinyl rta (DO NOT PRICE IT PER PIECE!!) for qty 4 double sided panels, and then add in an appropriate install charge, probably another $600-$800. I'd also have a layout charge depending on what the sign looks like, anywhere from $30-$250+. And I'm assuming all panels have the same artwork, if not, the layout charge is per design.

Your price is less than 10% of what we would charge, and honestly, your materials cost more than that. So you'd literally be paying this customer to do the job, and then the next person who they go to will scream bloody murder when they quote correctly.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Sniff.
Sniff.
Sniff.

I think I smell a troll.

1st post.
Way underpricing work. (less than the cost of materials alone)
Spoon feeding info.

jman

I'd be somewhere around $550 per 4x16' board + install if it was cast white vinyl 75% coverage. Install, if it's ground level and you don't need a ladder $60-80 each. My hourly is $80 a hour so I figure 45-60 mins per install. This is for them supplying the substrate also.

If they want 28 I'd get the order then give them a good discount cause you can make some good money in bulk vs onesie twosies here and there.

2B

for a 1 color cast plotter vinyl, we would be $376 + installation.

the installation is unknown because whenever a customer is supplying the material you had better verify that it is clean and ready for application of vinyl.