• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help: printed image to be sewn over checker flag

signguy37

We use quality materials!
I have a customer who called me and said they ordered (12) 24" x 24" checkered flags that are nylon and sewn together to create the checker pattern of black and white. They are not able to have their local contact screen print them because they are sewn together where as in the past they were not. Too much invested in the flags to start over... he asked if I had any ideas if we could possibly get a print of the logo made, then they would have a gal sew them over the flags. Is there a classy way to do this? It's a full color logo (that I actually designed for them back in 2001 or so) Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Kurt Gaber
signguy@gabersigns.com

MikePro

Ultraflex makes a flag material. check with your supplier, they might have another brand, otherwise advantage sign supply (merchant member here) carries it.
I've also been playing with a sample roll of Sihlz T-Prints... its a really thin solvent printable plastic that feels like shopping bag plastic, but when heated it essentially melts into fabric. I don't know how long it would last on a flag but there's threads about it withstanding multiple washes on a t-shirt.

omgsideburns

I will say that the ecofilm+ doesn't hold up the abuse of flags (it's not made to, so no hard feelings).. Cracks if it doesn't peel. Did several that way as an experiment.

signguy37

We use quality materials!
I probably should have mentioned that these will be used as awards, they won't be used for flagging races. Thanks for the replies so far... still looking for any other input or suggestions.

Kurt

digitalwoodshop

The best suggestion is to use a flat bed solvent printer with LED UV Cure.... I am sure there is someone on here that has one....

Sublimation would not work as the fabric needs to have Poly in it...

Good Luck,

AL

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
i know they make a nylon material for solvent printing that can probably be made to have a stitched edge a lot like a well produced patch, then just sew as normal onto the flag ... should hold up well too without buckling or producing too much weight. I would check kapco graphics for it ... i think they have something similar at least.

MikePro

Post pix if anything works for ya! I'm currently brainstorming how to convert an Italian flag to a beefstand logo flag, although they might simply end up wanting a banner