• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help Printing Static cling on my JV3

Cmind335

I'm having problems with my prints on Static cling. They look blotchy and smeared. Almost like it's taking TOO long to dry and the ink runs together. I've tried different things to no avail. Is it heat? Amount of ink? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rooster

Post a pic of what's happening and you're ten times more likely to get a response that helps.

Not that Pat wasn't helpful with his reply.

M@CK

Personally, wen I print static cling, I put the heat at 60 and slow down the printing to 16 pass unidirectional. To prevent buckles from the heat I go on the take-up unit or just tape a loop at the edge of the media and put a heavy bar in it. just my 2 cents

signswi

Personally, wen I print static cling, I put the heat at 60 and slow down the printing to 16 pass unidirectional. To prevent buckles from the heat I go on the take-up unit or just tape a loop at the edge of the media and put a heavy bar in it. just my 2 cents

You can also just clamp ~3 table clips to the media to provide a bit of weight/keep tension.

For static cling I actually drop the heat down quite low and slow down the passes/up the pass count. And yes, it takes ages to dry, though our environment is unavoidably low humidity so that isn't as big of a deal. We do quite a bit of photographic static clings and those are done 16-pass unidirectional, though still high speed. If you're getting ink puddling try more heat (or less heat! try both, experiment) and setting speed to slow, you also may consider making a specific profile for that media with an eye-one or at least a profile with ink restrictions for that media (based off your best white cast vinyl profile or whatever).