• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help producing screen print films

Trouble

Need someone to temporarily produce films, 48x36 4cp, 48x18 4cp
Our printer broke and can't pick up new one until things are better.

MikePro

do you have a vinyl cutter?
rubylith vinyl readily-available if you need to make screens in a pinch, assuming that the designs aren't too complicated.

Trouble

No , we are making all the solid simple designs with a digital printer. The one we need are 4cp, so we'll have to have the dots.

MikePro

was just a thought to keep ya goin'.... in case you were one of those screen printing shops has a vinyl plotter handy.
I understand the concept of the dots for registration, which can also be cut into the rubylith film that is used for screen exposure.

if you're still in a pinch, you could always contact whomever sold you your equipment..... to see if they could share any contact info of anyone else in your area that produces screens that you may be able to reach-out to

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Thank you for all your ideas, we found someone to help.
Hopefully we will be back to almost normal soon!

Owosso Graphic Arts is a company I used to have make my hot stamping dies when I was in the business. They use an image setter to produce their film negatives / positives, and I know they have capabilities for large dies so they might be able to assist.

Check with them at https://www.owosso.com/

JB

Eternity

Glad you got the help you need to get back up and running! That's a relief.

I have a lot to learn about 4cp. I'm very interested but the science is tough, for a novice like me.

Do you know if you can give me a crash course on 4cp screen printing for flat material? I use ultraseps and accurip to print the films. But every single time, it seems like the print is so much darker than it should be. I've tried basing it down to hell, but it doesn't seem to help and only makes the CMYK ink less opaque.

Any pointers?