• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help quick plz

dortonracing

Im printing a wall wrap and need to print the full width of the vinyl, but when i do it leaves two small strips down each side where it isn't printing, Im using mutoh 1614 and flexiPRO.

astro8

What do you mean?? the print margins?..Not sure on that Mutoh but only way I know out of that is to adjust them out with the control panel to a " -" setting if you can or fool the printer by making it measure a wider piece of media taped to the front of your roll...then advance it along after it's measured the fake piece to where you want to start your print...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
So how do they do the car wraps when they have to but 2 pieces together?

Are you familiar with the concept of a straight edge and a knife?

If it weren't for the print margins, about which you're whining and which most normal people merely trim off, you'd be dumping ink all over your platen.

mcgrawdesigns

I hope that you are not just referring to the fact that the media you are using is wider than your print is. If so, use this thing called common sense and simply trim the edges of your print with your straightedge and olfa knife. Then you can either butt the two prints together (wouldn't recommend) or overlap your prints (do it this way). Whew, that was tough.:help

dortonracing

I have a 20ft long by 10ft tall wall to cover in brick, With company name across it, So i wasn't sure if you could print to the edges, So What do you do for like trailer wraps, But them together or overlap them some?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I have a 20ft long by 10ft tall wall to cover in brick, With company name across it, So i wasn't sure if you could print to the edges, So What do you do for like trailer wraps, But them together or overlap them some?

Overlap, always. By 1/4" - 1/2" at least. More is better than less.

Vinyl isn't absolutely stable, it changes size, shape, and position over time. These may be tiny micro changes but any change at all is sufficient to expose a butt joint. Moreover, the surface to which you're applying the vinyl is most likely not square, plumb, and/or flat. Overlap, always and forever.

astro8

Seriously, and I'm not being an arsehole, but you'd better look up the words;
bleed, trim, panel, tile, overlap
...or you're gonna get yourself into all sorts of shit...seriously.