• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help removing an outer pinch roller assembly on an SP-540v

Hollidark

I've replaced pretty much everything on this printer probably twice but I'm just not seeing anything obvious here. The service manual doesn't mention the whole assembly, only the rollers which I've replaced before as well. :) Left assembly has cracked and has to be replaced. Maybe a low profile right angle screwdriver to remove the clip? I don't know... This is one of those moments where I'm like "now is the time to upgrade". I've run the snot out of it everyday since 2006 and rarely has it been down with anything major. Thanks.

GTSTech_1

I've replaced pretty much everything on this printer probably twice but I'm just not seeing anything obvious here. The service manual doesn't mention the whole assembly, only the rollers which I've replaced before as well. :) Left assembly has cracked and has to be replaced. Maybe a low profile right angle screwdriver to remove the clip? I don't know... This is one of those moments where I'm like "now is the time to upgrade". I've run the snot out of it everyday since 2006 and rarely has it been down with anything major. Thanks.

You'll need to disconnect the handle from the bar and remove the wiper system to gain access to the metal C clamp. Takes me about 2 hours to complete that repair.

My .02

gtstech_1

Hollidark

10-4. Thank you. Do you (or anyone) have a source for parts? My usual vendor hasn't returned my emails or phone calls and I'm getting a little nervous. I'm in NC.

CS-SignSupply

I am sure Joey at GTS could help you and seeing as he stepped in to help you first, he should be your fist option (IMO) - 770-974-9114

If not, give me a call.