• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with a Graphtec CE2000 & Scanvec Inspire 1.6

Space Jockey

Hi everyone,

I joined here as I just started a new job where part of it is to create basic 5/8" vinyl lettering for signs that go beside doors in offices.

The guy who used to do it retired, and I've been introduced to a Graphtec CE2000-60, and hooked upto it is his old computer (Win98) which is on its last legs with Scanvec Inspire 1.6 installed.
It seems to run okay, cutter runs okay too though the lettering seems somewhat 'wavy'. Not knowing too much yet, I'm not sure what is causing that.

The computer at my desk is a little newer and has Win XP, and runs Autocad 2008.

I am being provided with a new replacement computer which will probably have Windows 7, but I'm gathering from info found here and elsewhere that Inspire 1.6 will not work on it. In fact I don't think the department has the original disks anyway.

Can anyone please advise what a decent equivalent software would be for Win 7 to do lettering on the Graphtec CE2000? Maybe Autocad with work with the cutter for what I need, I do not know.
Maybe as I get used to my job and learn more I'll be doing other signage as well.

Also if anyone knows what could be causing the 'wavy' lettering, that would be great, too.

Apologies for all the questions, I'm new to this game and I'm trying to figure out what's what at the moment.
Thanks very much for any advice. :smile: