Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with a JV3

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Awards+, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Awards+

Awards+ Member

Oct 7, 2011
    My cut is way off from my print. How do I do an alignment or what is needed? I'm new to Mimaki as I came from Roland at my last job. We have a JV3-160SP and a CG-160FX.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Freese

Freese Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Blade holder in the right slot?

3. Awards+

Awards+ Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Yes and I have the owners manual for basic stuff but that says nothing about print / cut alignment.

4. signcrafters london

signcrafters london Very Active Member

May 22, 2010
    London KY
    As Drs05 says, check to make sure you are in the right slot with your blade holder. There are two. Your blade should be in the one closest to the back of the machine.

If you are still off, hit the Function button and enter the setup menu to make any changes to the feed offset.

5. Awards+

Awards+ Member

Oct 7, 2011
    It is in the correct slot, I will look for that in the function menu and see if that gets me anything.

Thanks

6. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Are you cutting with the Illustrator plugin FineCut

7. BRCGraphics

BRCGraphics New Member

May 29, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Are your registration marks set up correctly? i.e. are they the same in Finecut for the print compared to what the cutter is looking for? (Mark size, line width, mark shape)

Sometimes, the cutter can find the marks, even though they are wrong for what its set up for, but it won't register correctly.

Also, make SURE there is no image or print in the path of the registration marks. The cutter may be sensing these as registration marks.

Hope this helps.