• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help with a PDF

Asuma01

Is anyone able to import this pdf into coreldraw or illustrator? Nothing I try works. I've never had this problem with a PDF before.

Attachments

• Fortress Fence Sign Rev1-1.pdf
    189.2 KB · Views: 229

unclebun

I can view it in Adobe Reader. Corel Draw says it's an invalid file format. Illustrator I get a blank page with a white artboard and no other objects.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think you need to have the sender reset the security options so it can be edited.
Document assembly and page extraction are not allowed.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's made in Adobe Acrobat using . . . . comment annotations. I have never seen this before lol! Basically it wasn't made in a vector designer so illustrator and Corel don't recognize what's going on. The only way I was able to get it to work was save it as a raster image from Acrobat. This is obviously not the guy who designed it's day job.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Man is that ever a weird PDF. Wayne beat me to it, was gonna say there are some weird security things happening there.

It's also editable in Acrobat Pro without even going into Edit Mode. I tried importing into Corel and just shows a blank box that links back to the PDF when you click on it.

Sorry man, I tried lol.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Seriously, look at the comments in Acrobat. It's literally designed in Acrobat using the comment features. All the boxes and text are just comments which is why it's not opening in vector designers. You either have to recreate it yourself or save it as a TIFF.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Try this version. I opened in Acrobat and saved as a Postscript then it opened in Illustrator OK. I am attaching a revised PDF saved out of Illustrator. All the vectors appear to be there.

Attachments

• Fortress Fence Sign Rev1-1Rev2.pdf
    353.7 KB · Views: 208

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Is anyone able to import this pdf into coreldraw or illustrator?
Why not just place the PDF into your RIP software? (It instantly RIPs fine into Photoshop using RGB @ 720ppi to create a 120ppi 48x72 inch file raster file.) RIP is the point, is it not?

The file comes from Bluebeam Revu software.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Post #10 has a usable vector file attached
Except when I open the Op's provided PDF file using the common Mac app "Preview," the logo is orange and I don't see black hairlines in the logo as I notice in the file from Post #10. Preview seems to generate a perfectly good, printable vector file.

Yes, suspect file from Bluebeam software.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Except when I open the Op's provided PDF file using the common Mac app "Preview," the logo is orange and I don't see black hairlines in the logo as I notice in the file from Post #10. Preview seems to generate a perfectly good, printable vector file.

Yes, suspect file from Bluebeam software.

Here are screen shots of what I see ...

The original PDF which has a green logo when opened in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
Fortress Fence PDF.jpg

The new PDF generated from a Postscript export from Acrobat then opened in Adobe Illustrator. The first image has the preview on and the second one has the preview off to reveal the vectors. All the text vectors, BTW, have masks on them which must be released to make them editable. In no case did I see an orange logo.

Fortress Fence Postscript Pre On.jpg

Fortress Fence Postscript Pre Off.jpg

shoresigns

Another easy way to solve this in Acrobat is to simply print to PDF. Make sure you select the option in the top right corner to print "Document and Markups". You'll have to shrink it to fit 8.5x11 and then rescale it later, or change the page size under Page Setup.

Asuma01

Wow! Thanks for the help everyone. What a nice surprise to come back to after the weekend. Special thanks to Greg who was the first to post a fixed file for me.