• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with application!

HulkSmash

Wow, if $7 of laminate is going to bust you then you need to raise your
prices. Sorry, also it you can't apply that small of decal with no bubbles you
might want to consider getting some professioal help. Pretty basic stuff here.

this is true. You should really consider just adding lam to all your digital prints. It will last longer and happier customers. and you can charge a bit more.

HulkSmash

Don't do it wet, just tape half of it pull up the backing paper apply. Then peel up the other half and apply the rest............

HulkSmash

yeah you need transfer tape. he's saying use the soft side of the squeegee.
chances are you'll tear your vinyl since you have no lam on it. It happens to the best of us.

d fleming

I guess so! I don't spray the front of the vinyl, just the glass and adhesive side. I've killed my fair share of felts for sure!

Fitch

Easy:

Lightly spray the glass with application fluid. Turn graphic over backing paper toward you and place on glass. The wet glass will help keep the image "stuck to it", while you peel the backing paper off slowly... downward. Remove all backing paper and spray vinyl - glue side.

Peel off window, turn over, position, and squeegee.

No app tape, no bubbles, no laminate (why waste money and time unecessarily) but best of all...no problem.

I would definately wait till the glass was cool though. You made two errors: first, dry application on glass that flexes, and secondly, it's not the sunlight, it's the temperature of the glass and it takes a long time to cool down.

This is a 5 minute job. Make sure you spray you fingers as well... that way the initial peeling of backing paper will not have your fingers sticking to the vinyl.

Cheers - G

Last edited:

midnightmadman

Easy:

Lightly spray the glass with application fluid. Turn graphic over backing paper toward you and place on glass. The wet glass will help keep the image "stuck to it", while you peel the backing paper off slowly... downward. Remove all backing paper and spray vinyl - glue side.

Peel off window, turn over, position, and squeegee.

No app tape, no bubbles, no laminate (why waste money and time unecessarily) but best of all...no problem.

I would definately wait till the glass was cool though. You made two errors: first, dry application on glass that flexes, and secondly, it's not the sunlight, it's the temperature of the glass and it takes a long time to cool down.

This is a 5 minute job. Make sure you spray you fingers as well... that way the initial peeling of backing paper will not have your fingers sticking to the vinyl.

Cheers - G

THANK YOU sounds like a plan.