• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with color profiles for Roland and Versaworks

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
We just received our VS-540i. The training went really fast. We have a couple color print profiles for Oracal saved but the rest are preloaded. We want to print using 3M controltac, IJ130CV3. What profile should I use. I can't seem to find a download site for anything with 3M. Any help would be greatful since the weekend is here and vendors are closed. We're trying to print this weekend.

Drip Dry

Use the cast glossy vinyl profile that's preloaded
I not in front of it, but I thinks it's something like "GCVP" or "CVPG"

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
Use the cast glossy vinyl profile that's preloaded
I not in front of it, but I thinks it's something like "GCVP" or "CVPG"

Let me know what you would use. I also order Solvex perf from Fellers. What would you recommend printing that with? I'm confused a little since I'm new to having the printer. What brands other than Oracal have color profiles for printing with a Roland? What's the best way to make a decision as to what profile to use? I'm concerned with using too much ink as far as money wise and as far as it lasting or streaking. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Drip Dry

For Controltac, I use "PGCT premium cast (esm)" profile
I'm not sure about the perf Solvex, but for normal Solvex, I use
"TWF translucent white vinyl" because of the matt finish.

I always found that the profiles that came with Versaworks work better than the profiles that come from a manufacturer.
The way I find the best one is usually trial and error