• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with contour cutting

cyoky

Hello, need to learn how to program my equipment to contour cut digital print graphics.
I have a Mimaki JV3, Graphtec FC 4100-130 and am using Flexi 7. I am about 1" off in the cutting. Have read graphtec & flexi books but no help.

I place the image in AI edit and saveas eps. I open file in raster link and print with cut lines. Open same file in flexi, autotrace then contour cut and sent to cut/plot.

I place media in plotter, and axix align using 3 point registration and set orign point using plotter light and printed cut lines.

I send cut to plotter, the contours are cut the right size but offset by 1" below the actual print.

Thanks

Thanks

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hello, need to learn how to program my equipment to contour cut digital print graphics.
I have a Mimaki JV3, Graphtec FC 4100-130 and am using Flexi 7. I am about 1" off in the cutting. Have read graphtec & flexi books but no help.

Not even close to enough information...

How are you setting up the contour cut? In Flexi? In the Production Manager?

How are you registering the image in the plotter? ARMS? Light point? Manually?

1" off means what, exactly? An inch too large, too small, to the left, to the right, up, down, what?

cyoky

Setting up in Flexi, on the plotter with light 3 registration points and is cutting 1" to small.

Thanks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
This isn't Western Union where you pay by the word. Words here are free so try to use as many of them as necessary to precisely describe what you're doing and what you're getting...

What, exactly are you doing in Flexi to set up this job? Do you have some path on your image that's known to Flexi as a contour cut path? Or is it the case that you have some arbitrary path not known to Flexi as a contour path? Contour cutting can be done either way, which method are you using?

What, exactly, are you doing in Production Manager to set up this job? Are you producing more than one image? If so, did you create the multiple images in Flexi or in Production Manager? If you're using a contour cut path known to Flexi are you letting the Production Manager add the registration marks? If not, where are the registration marks being generated? In either case, exactly what type of mark are you using? I inferred 3 point from your previous communique, but what type? Graphtec type 1 or 2, manual, your own design, what?

I also infer that you're using the light point when you register the print in the plotter. Are you interacting with Production Manager's manual alignment dialog? Or are you merely setting the plot area on the plotter? In other words, is the Production manager aware of the plot area and is mapping your data accordingly or are you using the plotter to map Production Manager data to the image area?

1" too large means as little as off by 1". Are the contours being cut the right size but offset by 1"? Is the 1" centered on the image and too large all the way around or is one point on the image in registration and the contour expands from that point?

cyoky

I place the image in AI edit and saveas eps. I open file in raster link and print with cut lines. Open same file in flexi, autotrace then contour cut and sent to cut/plot.

I place media in plotter, and axix align using 3 point registration and set orign point using plotter light and printed cut lines.

I send cut to plotter, the contours are cut the right size but offset by 1" below the actual print.

Thanks