• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with Flexisign and Mimaki CG-SRII 130 cutter

Antnee

Hello all, I'm using a Mutoh printer to do a print and cut job from Flexisign. I just got a new Mimaki CG SRIII 130 54" cutter. I've tried using type 1 and 2 Mimaki cut marks.
I get the error message C36 mark sensor error. I've tried calling Flexisign and Mimaki support and they didn't help. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The most common mistake I see on these machines when they are new to customers is they don't point the laser in the correct place on the crop mark. Make sure you get the red dot to the corner of the crop mark but do not touch any of the crop mark. If it touches the black part it tends to miss the detection.

If this is a machine you just set up, you most likely need to run the sensor sensitivity adjustment as well. Did your dealer not install this for you? These days if you are not getting installation and some basic training, you better have gotten a good deal.

Antnee

Dealer didn't install. I was hoping to get up and running out the box.

The most common mistake I see on these machines when they are new to customers is they don't point the laser in the correct place on the crop mark. Make sure you get the red dot to the corner of the crop mark but do not touch any of the crop mark. If it touches the black part it tends to miss the detection.

If this is a machine you just set up, you most likely need to run the sensor sensitivity adjustment as well. Did your dealer not install this for you? These days if you are not getting installation and some basic training, you better have gotten a good deal.

DirtyD

I have the same vinyl plotter. here is what you need to do:

WHEN CREATING CROP MARKS IN FLEXI USE CROP MARK 1

WHEN YOU MAKE YOU CROP MARKS REMEMBER THE SIZE OF CROP MARK

ON YOUR PLOTTER PRESS FUNCTION 1>SCROLL DOWN TO SETUP>DETECT MARK>SCROLL TO SIZE>THEN CHANGE TO THE SIZE OF MARKS YOU CREATED IN FLEXI

YOU NEED TO DO THIS ALMOST EVERYTIME UNLESS YOU ALWAYS USE THE SAME SIZE OF MARKS BECAUSE THE PLOTTER TRIES TO FIND THAT SIZE TO REGISTER ACCURATELY.

ALSO IN THAT SAME MENU MAKE SURE "FORM" IS SET TO TYPE 1

WHEN PLACING THE LASER IN THE CROP MARK - I PRETEND THE L SHAPE IS A SQUARE AND CENTER THE LASER IN THAT.

Antnee

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

I have the same vinyl plotter. here is what you need to do:

WHEN CREATING CROP MARKS IN FLEXI USE CROP MARK 1

WHEN YOU MAKE YOU CROP MARKS REMEMBER THE SIZE OF CROP MARK

ON YOUR PLOTTER PRESS FUNCTION 1>SCROLL DOWN TO SETUP>DETECT MARK>SCROLL TO SIZE>THEN CHANGE TO THE SIZE OF MARKS YOU CREATED IN FLEXI

YOU NEED TO DO THIS ALMOST EVERYTIME UNLESS YOU ALWAYS USE THE SAME SIZE OF MARKS BECAUSE THE PLOTTER TRIES TO FIND THAT SIZE TO REGISTER ACCURATELY.

ALSO IN THAT SAME MENU MAKE SURE "FORM" IS SET TO TYPE 1

WHEN PLACING THE LASER IN THE CROP MARK - I PRETEND THE L SHAPE IS A SQUARE AND CENTER THE LASER IN THAT.

Antnee

Yes, that did help. Another noob thing I was doing was putting the laser in the area where it reads the registration mark. Instead I have to put the blade in registration area and it work. Still learning how to use this thing...

did it work for you?

also make sure your plotter is upto date with the latest firmware. just because its new doesnt mean it is