• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with Gerber Envision 375

wiggy

Hi all, the short of it is that we (www.rosecoloredgaming.com) recently bought a used Gerber 375 and aren't able to get it working. We've tried two PCs (1 Windows XP 32-bit machine, and the same in 64-bit trim). Currently we're trying the Signlab software trial and having ZERO luck getting the plotter to cut or do much of anything. We tried two other pieces of software who's names elude me right now, but have had no luck with them either.

The computer and software both recognize that the plotter is hooked up to COM3. The test jobs we've sent went through just fine, as far as the software is concerned. The Windows device manager thinks that the plotter is properly connected and working. We've tried importing some of our designs from Illustrator and building generic test shapes in the Signlab software. Everything we've done seems to get along with the software, but the plotter doesn't budge when we send the job.

The plotter's control panel functions, WILL home, and does allow us to jog the cut head/spool. The fan hums away the entire time it's on.

I've spoken with a friend, fellow signs101 member, & 375 user and he isn't sure what's wrong. He suggested that I register here and ask, and so here we are :)

Thanks in advance.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Forget what Windows or Windows modules see (such as device manager) and check that you have setup SignLab by installing SignLab's Envision driver to see the Envision plotter and that you are sending your plot file directly from SignLab with the Envision 375 selected as the output device. You also must set the Envision to be online for it to run when a job is sent to it.

wiggy

Forget what Windows or Windows modules see (such as device manager) and check that you have setup SignLab by installing SignLab's Envision driver to see the Envision plotter and that you are sending your plot file directly from SignLab with the Envision 375 selected as the output device. You also must set the Envision to be online for it to run when a job is sent to it.

Thanks for the reply, Fred.

We do indeed have the 375 and every other Gerber driver installed and are sending to the plotter (on COM3). The software doesn't say that it specifically sees the Envision 375 on the port, but it does see something (which can only be the plotter since NOTHING else is connected to the PC save for monitor, mouse, and keyboard).

How do we set the Envision up to run the job? The options available via the control pad seem VERY limited and I can't find anything that seems similar to what you're saying in the options.

Biker Scout

I know nothing about the plotter exactly, but just by chance are you 100% positive that the cable is a DB9 (f) to DB25 (m) NULL SERIAL cable? That seems to work on the older machines. Regular Serial Cable won't cut it... literally! :Big Laugh

wiggy

Thank you! I will try and grab one locally as we need this thing running like 3 weeks ago LOL!

I'll post back with results ASAP.

Jase

I'd recommend just buying the correct cable from Gerber. It will save lots of hedaches later on. Good luck

wiggy

Considering that Gerber treated us like criminals once we explained that we bought our machine used, we'd prefer to not give them any money at the moment.

That said, it seems like a combo of the correct cable and settings OTHER than those recommended by SignLab did the trick! Thanks for the help :)

Biker Scout

Awesome! I'm glad I could help. I'm not the computer/techie guy around here, but I have a real good memory of past clusterfuqs and how they got resolved.

wiggy

Haha, that's very much so how we are here. Sometimes we are able to solve tech-related stuff, but more often than not we end up googling like crazy in order to solve problems like that.

Again, thank you!